LINKI

2/06/2014

INTERIOR / DIY CONCRETE DESK + MY ROOM

DSC_0073m DSC_0061m DSC_0088m

I'm slowly making my room look exactly as I wanted. The desk is a new thing. A thrifted table-top was too usual, so I decided to make something with it. I love concrete and how it gives the industrial look to the interior. After hours of grinding, drying the concrete and tones of dust in my room (I had it even in my nose) I finally have my dream desk. It looks raw and fits to my bulb-lamp from BoConcept, which I found on the market. Denmark is a land of treasures, I always find there something for my apartment, either in second-hand shops or on the markets. Now I feel like a carpenter (maybe I should continue my studies in furniture design).

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I thought it was just another inspiration post, while it's actually your room ! It looks great, I think that minimalist space is the best for creativity as it's clean and not disturbing. Congrats for making your room look like you've wanted, it's not often simple - for example, it's been two years since I decided that I wanted to paint my walls grey. It still remains the same color :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cool i can't even describe it in words!

    concrete is just the best material ever, it always looks superawesome and gives the greatest industrial look

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look awesome, but is it comfy to put your naked arm on concrete? Doesn't it cause any - like - creases? Greetings xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cold for sure, but apart from that I don't have any problems with the texture, I haven't even scratched myself. I still need to fix it though, I'm planning to put a layer of something to give it a smoother finish.
      xxx

      Delete